Each year we celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd. This day is to show how much we care for our planet Earth and the lives that survive on this planet. To raise awareness on how to protect the atmosphere of our beautiful planet.
People from around the world share ideas for saving the environment by using more healthy choices. Such as:
- Planting trees which make our Earth greener and gives fresh air to breathe.
- Having more trees help with more food and help the animals take shelter.
- Use of trash cans to keep the community clean.
- Use of Recycling bins.
- No burning the firecrackers on some special holidays to avoid the noise and air pollution.
- Keep the ocean clean by not throwing trash in the water.
- Use healthy transportation system or walk.
- Use of solar light panels to generate the electricity.
- Save water by turning off the faucet as soon as we are done and not let the water run.
- Most important one is the 3 R’s (Recycle, Reduce, Reuse)
Earth Anthem (Google search): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQz8jxJLNOA
What is Reduce, Recycle and Reuse?
- Reduce the waste such as, store bags, plastic bottles, junk mail, small packages, etc.
- Recycle plastic containers/bottles, soup cans, disposable paper items, milk jugs, cartons etc.
- Reuse Tote bags for shopping, big containers, multipurpose glass boxes etc.
It is our responsibility to take care of the environment, be respectful of the nature and make sure that all the lives that survive in this beautiful Earth matters.
Here are suggested ways to enjoy the Earth Day with family:
- Go for a nature walk.
- Plant a tree in your garden.
- Do yoga in the outdoors.
- Collect recycle items with your family.
- Host a Yard sale with children.
- Help clean up the community.
- Take a trip to the farm.
- Build a birdhouse.
On April 22nd, 1970, the first Earth Day (Modern Environmental movement) was celebrated.
This day is a great opportunity to teach our children the importance of reducing, recycling, reusing, and going green. It’s also known as “International Mother Earth Day” around the world.
HAPPY EARTH DAY TO YOU ALL!